Not having a fresh breath is an embarrassing condition that keeps people away from you. It becomes even worse when you cannot notice it yourself and all you see is friends and other people avoiding you. You don’t have to worry, the following tips will help you enjoy your fresh breath.
- Brush your teeth at least two times in a day. Ensure you use a soft-bristle toothbrush and replace it in every three or four months. Brush even at the back of your tongue to avoid bacterial infections that cause a foul smell from your mouth.
- Flossing is necessary to ensure all the food particles that brushing couldn’t remove in between your teeth are also removed. When you skip flossing, bacteria in your mouth feed on the small food particles to form the acid that leads to tooth decay which can lead to bad breath. Flossing should, therefore, be done at least once in a day and preferably in the evening.
- Drinking water often; water doesn’t only help in flashing out the toxins from your body but it also it moisturizes your mouth. Dry mouth is a hazard to your oral health. Water intake stimulates the formation of the saliva that cleanses the plaque from your teeth that can cause bad breath or from cavities.
- Chewing sugarless gum or candy will keep your mouth moisturized and hence you won’t have the risk of the conditions that are caused by having a dry mouth as we’ve mentioned in the above tip. However, avoid taking sugary gums or food as much as possible as some bacteria in the mouth use sugar as a glue to stick to your teeth causing tooth decay as well as foul smell.
- Avoid acidity food as well. Any acidic in your mouth is harmful to your teeth and it can cause tooth decay as well as other mouth disorders. Learn different types of mouth disorders at Healthrow.net and how they can be treated.
- Eat a well-balanced diet. Taking too much protein and fatty food without carbohydrates causes the breakdown of fat into fatty acids. This process called ketosis can cause bad breath. To ensure the food you eat is well balanced and also remember carb food particles should be rinsed out of your mouth as soon as possible.
- Eat more fruits; crunchy fruits such as apples and pears can be of your help whenever you cannot brush to clean up your teeth. Watermelons, oranges and other watery fruits will also leave your mouth clean and hydrated.
- Quit smoking; apart from the effect of causing cancer, smoking will dehydrate your mouth and stain your teeth leaving your mouth stinking.
Visit your dentist more often; make it your routine to visit your dentist at least twice in a year. If you have tried all the above remedy and you still experience bad breath make an appointment with your dentist as you could be having other disorders such as diabetes. Your dentist should advise you on the way forward after examining you.