Being healthy and happy requires a hard work and sacrifice. Setting your mind from the word go that you can make it will help you to achieve your goals. The below tips will help you to be healthier and happy in the next 14 days. Strive to stick to them even after the two weeks for a healthier future.
- Drink enough water
Taking a lot of water effectively helps the body in so many ways such as; raising the metabolism, burning the extra calories, help in digestion and bowel movement. You should strive to take two litters of water in 24 hours or more if you still feel thirsty. Drinking a lot of water will also help you to avoid sugary beverages which have no important nutrients and do more harm than good to your body.
- Avoid Junk food
This one is easier said than done. Most people find it hard to do away with their favorite junk and especially if they’re used to take them. However since it’s for your own good, you can avoid the temptations by clearing them from your pantry and fridge if you have them. Avoid also going to the store where they are normally sold.
- Mind what you eat
- Eat more fruits and vegetables: These have essential nutrients for your body and they facilitate weight loss. Take at least five serving of fruits and vegetables in a day. Serve them with Main Dishes and they can also be taken as a healthy snack. Remember to only eat snacks when you are hungry.
- Cut down your sugar intake and highly processed food: these have fewer nutrients, fill you up and are linked to diseases such as cancer, diabetes, stroke and heart diseases.
- Take protein in the morning: This will help you to control your appetite.
- Reduce stress and be happy
Sleeping seven to eight hours in a day allows your mind to relax and be in a good mood. Lack of enough sleep is not healthy to your body and one can suffer from depression, obesity and heart disease. Reading a book for about 20 minutes before bedtime will also help you to sleep well.
Practicing yoga, meditating and socializing will also make you reduce stress too. Learn more about yoga online.
- Do some workouts
There are a number of exercises you can do to keep your body healthy. Some of them can be done at home. Tip: always start with a warm-up. Other forms of daily workouts includes:
- Using a staircase instead of lift when climbing up.
- Walking at least for 30 minutes in a day. If you normally use a car you can do this by parking it away from your place of work.
- Do cardio activities
- Get a friend you do workout together. This is good as it’s going to motivate you.
Always ensure you have time for the above activities, adopt the above strategies and you will be happy and healthy.